The purpose of this statement is to inform our customers and other individuals we deal with, how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information to meet privacy principles. This statement does not apply to information about our employees or to information that is not personal information.
Personal Information We Collect
Luminosa Education Pvt. Ltd.(‘SportyBeans’), its agents and Franchisees collect personal information in a number of circumstances in the course of providing sports and other programs to children. Personal information we collect includes:
- name, address, telephone number, and other contact information for parents and/or caregivers;
- name, gender, birth date and any relevant medical information regarding children registered in programs;
- transaction, registration history and purchase history;
- such other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Use of Personal Information
SportyBeans generally uses personal information for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you regarding the registration of your child in a SportyBeans program, to place your child in a developmentally appropriate class and to inform your child’s coach and administrator of any medical concerns regarding your child;
- to communicate with you if we have new information that may be of interest to you regarding new programs or program schedules for future terms, unless you decline to receive this information and to compile statistical analysis concerning business trends;
- managing and administering financial transactions;
- maintaining business records for reasonable periods, and generally managing and administering our business;
- meeting legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements; and otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law. We do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose information to unrelated third parties for commercial gain or benefit.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
SportyBeans discloses personal information in the following circumstances:
- to a Franchisee of SportyBeans, who conducts the business of SportyBeans in a specific area where your child is registered,
- In addition to the above, personal information may be disclosed to our affiliates for internal audit, management, billing or administrative purposes including defending and bringing legal actions.
Personal information may be used by SportyBeans and disclosed to parties connected with the proposed or actual financing, securitisation, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of SportyBeans or our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. These purposes may include, as examples:
- permitting those parties to determine whether to proceed or continue with the transaction;
SportyBeans may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and as otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law of if you violate our Terms and Conditions.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Authorised employees, agents, franchisees and service providers who require access to your personal information in order to fulfil their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
SportyBeans operates a website as well as iOS and Android applications which provide information about SportyBeans and the programs offered by SportyBeans and Franchisees of SportyBeans. SportyBeans’ website/applications may redirect the user to a contracted third party registration platform or other external websites to allow users to register and submit payments online for SportyBeans programs. Users are asked to provide personal information during the registration process.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer/phone/tablet/other device’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyses web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyses data about webpage traffic and improve our website/application in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website/application, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web/mobile browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website/application.
Links to Other Websites
Our website/application may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site/application, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your Consent and Access to Information
SportyBeans collects, uses and discloses your personal information with your consent, except as permitted or required by law. We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent, for example to comply with a court order, to comply with local regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us, at Luminosa Education Pvt. Ltd., Office - 603, Konark Icon, Magarpatta City Road, Pune-411028, Maharashtra, India. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, you may write to us at the above address or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.